If bluegrass is the point at which jazz rhythms, blues inflections, Scotch-Irish fiddle tunes, and Appalachian ballads intersect, The Other Side of the Mountain is the place where all of those influences are tossed into the air and reassembled on their way down. While the tracks on this illuminating new compilation draw from bluegrass music in different ways, what they have in common is the same adventurous spirit that was present at the founding of bluegrass music - a spirit of innovation as well as the freedom of not being limited by any one musical source.
Features performances by Alison Brown (w/Vince Gill), Victor Wooten (w/Bela Fleck), Drew Emmitt & Peter Rowan, Matt Flinner, David Grier, Todd Phillips, NewGrange (Tim O’Brien, Mike Marshall, Darol Anger, Todd Phillips, Philip Aaberg, and Alison Brown) and more.
1. Fair Weather (Alison Brown (w/Vince Gill))
2. City Chickens (Matt Flinner)
3. Handsome Molly (NewGrange)
4. Dixie Hoedown (Phillips, Grier & Flinner)
5. Good Day, There It Goes (Judith Edelman)
6. Big Man From Syracuse (Mike Marshall & Darol Anger)
7. Every Day I Write The Book (Alison Brown with Sam Bush)
8. Late On Arrival (Alison Brown Quartet)
9. Rainmaker (Peter Rowan and Drew Emmitt)
10. Coal Burnin’ Grease Fire (Anger/Marshall Band)
11. Freedom Ride (Drew Emmitt with John Cowan)
12. Zenergy (Victor Wooten)