No songwriter of the last half of the 20th century has cast a longer shadow than Bob Dylan. As Grammy-nominated Red House artist Eliza Gilkyson once put it, "He was always about breaking out of structure, as a lyricist, a vocalist, a poet/philosopher/storyteller. He irreverently and irrevocably turned the suburban backyard of folk music into a mysterious tangled forest of unlimited possibilities." Like Eliza, all the artists on A Nod to Bob 2--from peers to singers and songwriters of succeeding generations--have been heavily influenced by Bob Dylan's significant body of work.
A Nod to Bob 2 is a stunning collection of artistically unique Dylan covers performed by some of today's top folk and Americana acts, from Texas troubadour Jimmy LaFave to legendary rock band Hot Tuna.
- The Pines - What Good Am I?
- John Gorka - Just Like a Woman
- Hot Tuna - Mama Let Me Lay It on You (Baby Let me Follow You Down)
- Lucy Kaplansky - Every Grain of Sand
- Storyhill - Lay Down Your Weary Tune
- Spider John Koerner - The Days of `49
- Pieta Brown - Dirt Road Blues
- Danny Schmidt - Buckets of Rain
- Guy Davis - House of the Rising Sun
- Eliza Gilkyson - Jokerman
- Cliff Ebernhardt - Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
- Ray Bonneville - It Takes a lot to Laugh It Takes a Train to Cry
- Meg Hutchinson - Born in Time
- Jimmy LaFave - Not Dark Yet
- Peter Ostroushko - Mozambique
- Robin & Linda Williams - Walkin' Down the Line